This week, as an experiment, Racefully team member Tara made healthy banana bread. Well, it turned out to be more like a banana cake because it didn’t quite rise as expected but it still tasted DELICIOUS! The loaf is gluten, dairy and refined sugar free. Who could ask for more?
- 2 ripe/overripe bananas
- 75g of ground (or blended) oats
- 50g of ground almonds
- 1tbsp of honey
- 2tbsp of date syrup (dates soaked for a few hours and blended can sub for more honey)
- 2 eggs
- 1tsp of baking powder
- 2tbsp melted coconut oil (I buy Lucy Bee)
- A handful of chopped walnuts (optional)
- Put the oats in a blender until ground and then place them in a bowl on the side
- Blend the bananas
- Add wet ingredients and stir
- Add dry ingredients and stir
- Bake for 55-65 minutes
There you have it! Tasty and super easy. If you make the bread and like it, or have any comments or questions, feel free to leave us a reply.